URGENT: School arrangements following today's closure
RESPONSE REQUIRED FOR EVERY CHILD IN SCHOOL.
If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors identified, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision.
This is an offer to parents and carers and there is no requirement for parents and carers to send their children to school if they do not need or wish to do so. If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU THINK YOU ARE A CRITICAL WORKER OR NOT PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE SURVEY SO THAT WE ARE ABLE TO IDENTIFY WHO REQUIRES PROVISION AND WHEN AND THOSE WHO DON'T, HELPING US TO SAFEGUARD ALL OUR CHILDREN.
ONLINE SURVEY - https://forms.gle/UTQrnogZjrZcfubL6